I’ve now seen a couple of episodes, and I’ve a couple of feedback on the chess:
1. No participant, together with Magnus Carlsen, can develop into that good that rapidly, with out quite a lot of studying and shedding alongside the way in which.
2. They present the gamers shifting too quick, although for dramatic causes that is simple sufficient to know.
3. The Sicilian was certainly extremely popular in 1963, however not fairly that widespread.
4. It captures the texture of earlier U.S. chess tournaments very properly, noting that my very own participation got here later however issues didn’t change a lot.
5. On the time the Rossolimo was in reality an uncommon response to the Sicilian, although it’s not now. The present received this proper (the protagonist claims she was very stunned by 3.Bb5) — don’t be fooled by the following evolution of the sport.
Dramatically, I might say it’s “respectable and watchable,” and the garments and lodge scenes are good. The characterization of the mom doesn’t really feel completely constant. There may be an underlying autism theme, largely dealt with properly, although mainstream reviewers appear to be thrown off the scent by the girl’s appeal and beauty. I’ll let you already know if I’ve additional observations.