Since late January of 2012, the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard has as soon as every week featured a “Mainstream Media Scream” choice in his “Washington Secrets and techniques” column. For every choose, often posted on-line on Monday, I present a proof and suggest a “scream” ranking (scale of 1 to 5).

This submit incorporates the “Liberal Media Screams” beginning in January 2021.

> For all of 2020. For all of 2019. For all of  2018. (Re-named “Liberal Media Scream” as of June 11, 2018.) “Mainstream Media Screams” for:

> July-December 2017 posts; January through June 2017; July to December 2016; for January to June 2016; for July to December 2015; for January to June 2015. (2012-2014 are featured on MRC.org: For 2014; for June 17, 2013 through the end of 2013. And for January 31, 2012 through June 11, 2013.)

Examine Bedard’s “Washington Secrets” blog for the most recent selection and his different Washington insider posts. Every week, this web page can be up to date with Bedard’s newest instance of the worst bias of the week.

(For extra of the worst liberal media bias, browse the Media Research Center’s Notable Quotables with compilations of the most recent outrageous, generally humorous, quotes within the liberal media.)

 

■ New on July 26: Liberal Media Scream: The worst of Trump hater Carl Bernstein

See the posting on the Washington Examiner‘s site the place you may watch the video and browse Baker’s evaluation. Every week later, Bedard’s article can be posted right here.

 

■ July 19: Liberal Media Scream: Press ought to ‘transfer on’ from steadiness to liberal advocacy

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream encompasses a Washington Publish columnist telling it like it’s: Liberal advocacy within the media is the proper bias.

On CNN’s Dependable Sources present, Perry Bacon Jr. argued the information media “ought to transfer on from” caring about attracting simply as many Republicans as Democrats to learn or view their reporting. Selecting up on a column he wrote final week, Bacon stated the “core mission” of the media is to current “information” and “an evidence-based view of the world.”

However his “information,” after all, overlap with the priorities of liberals, not unusual for Washington Publish columnists who’re given extra freedom of their work. For instance, he stated, “We within the media are biased by way of we assist vaccines. We within the media rent LGBT workers. We’re biased in opposition to bans in opposition to trans or homosexual folks.”

Give credit score to the Washington Publish for highlighting the bias of its scribes. In Bacon’s bio, for instance, it affords up his protection space. Underneath “The Democratic Get together,” it says, “The Democratic Get together is usually transferring in a pro-equality (racial, financial, class, gender, sexual id) route.” Underneath “The Republican Get together,” it reads, “The Republican Get together is transferring in an anti-democratic, anti-Democrats route.”

Bacon on Sunday’s Dependable Sources on CNN:

“They need to transfer on from this concept that they’re making an attempt to, you realize, the viewers is making an attempt to get equal numbers of Republicans and Democrats or to not offend Mitch McConnell’s workplace or no matter it’s, and to actually get targeted on what’s our core mission. And I might argue the core mission is to current information, current proof, current an evidence-based view of the world, and to additionally, in my opinion, defend the concepts of a democracy and a multiracial democracy, I feel, is a part of what the media must be doing. What that appears like, I feel, is defending and being unabashed. Vaccines work. Joe Biden gained the election. Black lives do matter, and we must be sincere about when black persons are discriminated in opposition to unfairly. And to type of begin from a spot of, do we’ve got some clear-cut values we will articulate — articulate these not directly on our web sites, in our programming, to be sincere about like, we’re making an attempt to combat this bias factor.

“We’re biased by way of information. We within the media are biased by way of we assist vaccines. We within the media rent LGBT workers. We’re biased in opposition to bans in opposition to trans or homosexual folks. So we might be sincere about these biases, and type of, we’re in favor of a multiracial democracy. That’s why journalists behave the best way they did when Trump — we’re in favor of the one that gained the election being president. So as soon as we’re sincere about these issues, that will flip off some folks, however it should assist us be higher as establishments and higher as journalists if our first objective is, listed here are the values we acknowledged we are attempting to implement, after which secondary, we are going to take the viewers who embraces these values.

“That doesn’t imply our values are Democratic and never Republican, however our values that we’re speaking about are small-D democratic and never authoritarian or one thing like that. So I feel if we get clear on values, after all, the media is for, in opposition to authoritarian folks like Trump. The media can’t exist in a useful manner with out having, you realize, with out having a free press, which dictators often oppose.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “I assume Bacon ought to get some factors for honesty, for articulating how, presumably, a lot of his colleagues really feel, that equity and steadiness must be damned in favor of declaring liberal presumptions because the factual actuality and dismiss opposite views as unworthy. However removed from fixing journalism, Bacon’s prescription will guarantee its demise as media figures now not faux to be something however left-wing political activists.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ July 12: No Liberal Media Scream this week.

 

■ July 5: Liberal Media Scream: ABC analysts huff at justices over voting choice

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options two ABC This Week commentators making a brand new argument for broad open voting — some folks can’t afford sufficient fuel to get meals and vote.

The Thursday Supreme Courtroom ruling, upholding two provisions of Arizona’s voting guidelines which required folks to vote at their very own precinct and barred poll harvesting, irked the 2 who cited anecdotes about difficulties encountered by poor and minority voters.

LZ Granderson, an ABC Information podcaster, ESPN contributor, and Los Angeles Instances columnist, stated the justices have been out of contact as a result of they don’t seem to be poor: “They’re all privileged.” He recalled his “mother scraping collectively 50 cents, 75 cents, a greenback only for fuel to get to a grocery retailer” and so “now you’re forcing minorities to resolve” between attending to a polling place or shopping for groceries.

Washington Publish reporter Mary Jordan cited misdeeds she noticed in Mississippi with “every kind of soiled methods being performed about closing polls, switching the place you’re imagined to be, telling folks they’re within the fallacious place even when they’re in the precise place.”

From the Sunday, July 4 roundtable after host Martha Raddatz characterised the ruling as “not precisely consistent with public opinion,” an evaluation primarily based on an ABC Information/Washington Publish ballot:

LZ Granderson: “No, after all not, however they don’t actually care about public opinion, proper? In the event that they did, then all of this laws can be checked out in another way. , the factor that actually frustrates me most is the justices acknowledged that these new legal guidelines does affect minorities. They didn’t deny that facet of it. They only stated that the inconvenience of it isn’t so nice. Nicely, they’re all privileged. And I grew up poor. I bear in mind my mother scraping collectively 50 cents, 75 cents, a greenback only for fuel to get to a grocery retailer. If you do this to polling locations, now you’re forcing minorities to resolve whether or not or not they’re going to speculate cash, fuel cash, to get to the polling locations that at the moment are additional away or do I take advantage of this fuel cash to get to the grocery retailer or do I to get to work. They’re privileged, saying that this doesn’t inconvenience them sufficient. Nicely, how are you aware? When was the final time you have been that poor?”

Mary Jordan: “I’d like to speak about, I went down in Mississippi, and I noticed this. And on the morning of the election, folks would prove and the polling place can be closed within the place the place there have been quite a lot of Democratic voters. And so the query then was do I drive, so I spend one other 45 minutes within the automotive to go there and wait in a extremely lengthy line? There’s every kind of soiled methods being performed about closing polls, switching the place you’re imagined to be, telling folks they’re within the fallacious place even when they’re in the precise place. I feel if folks actually knew what was happening, as a result of it differs state by state and county by county, they might assume, you realize what, it’s July 4th right here. It’s all about voting, proper? It’s probably the most elementary of rights. We had the Boston tea occasion as a result of we couldn’t vote, and we have been getting taxed. And it’s sort of surprising that proper now, lots of people don’t have the identical entry to votes as different Individuals.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Granderson and Jordan appeared to be trying to find anecdotes to justify their place in opposition to very fundamental voter integrity guidelines and got here up with fairly weak ones. Making everybody vote at their native precinct is the last word in equity and requires the least bus cash whereas eliminating a lot of alternatives for confusion and fraud. As for all of the misdeeds Jordan noticed in areas ‘the place there have been quite a lot of Democratic voters,’ which drive folks to ‘spend one other 45 minutes within the automotive,’ that’s simply what the Arizona native precinct rule is supposed to stop. And which occasion controls the election techniques just about in all places the place minorities and Democrats are the bulk? It’s not wealthy, privileged Supreme Courtroom justices.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ June 28: Liberal Media Scream: Taxpayer-subsidized PBS is extra DNC than the DNC

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the clearest instance but that taxpayer-subsidized PBS is changing into an arm of the Democratic Nationwide Committee.

Showing on Meet the Press, activist journalist Yamiche Alcindor echoed the DNC speaking factors on state-passed voting reforms, ignoring a number of reality checks which have proven that some, notably Georgia, have adopted extra progressive voting modifications than President Joe Biden’s dwelling state or uber-liberal Connecticut.

As an alternative, the brand new host of PBS’s Washington Week and the White Home correspondent for PBS NewsHour declared “an existential disaster in America” and went as far as to say that states are taking votes away from folks “if we don’t like the best way that you simply voted.”

And, as she has earlier than, she gave the president a bit of recommendation, this time to “speed up his nominees to the courts.”

From the roundtable on Sunday’s Meet the Press:

“If you discuss to people who find themselves actually conversant in the occupied with this, it’s that Democrats understand that they may, that it’s not going to solely be solved in a legislative manner. There must be a judicial and a court docket battle forward. And once I’m speaking to civil rights activists, they are saying they wish to see two particular issues: One, the DOJ actually going after state legislatures. So, it’s to say you cannot simply, not solely voters, not solely suppress folks’s votes, however nullify folks’s votes. So, that may’t be the best way that America works. The second factor that they wish to see is extra judges on the court docket. They wish to see President Biden speed up his nominees to the courts. So, I feel that’s additionally the place that is going.

“That is an existential disaster in America. Who can really get the entry to vote? Republicans in state legislatures are saying if you happen to, primarily, and critics would say that ‘if we don’t like the best way that you simply voted, we are going to take away your vote.’ And that, I feel, is an actual downside. When you take a look at Philadelphia state legislatures and in the event that they, and whether or not or not they’ll even nullify 1,000,000 votes in Philly — that could possibly be an issue and an enormous downside.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker defined our weekly choose: “If there was any doubt remaining about whether or not Alcindor is a journalist or a Democratic political activist pretending to be a journalist, she eradicated it with this bombast, which has no foundation in actuality and echos probably the most excessive rhetoric of far-left activists. No person’s vote is being taken away anyplace. In reality, whereas some Republican states have set guidelines to ensure a number of days of early voting, some states, equivalent to Democratic-run Connecticut, don’t have any early voting.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ June 21: Liberal Media Scream: Chuck Todd calls parent-led opposition to essential race principle faux

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the dismissal by NBC’s Chuck Todd of parent-led opposition to the instructing of essential race principle in faculties.

“It’s manufactured,” he stated, brushing apart all of the protests, even many close to Washington the place Todd experiences from, of public faculty mother and father lining as much as oppose CRT. His Meet the Press visitor, pollster Cornell Belcher, went additional, blaming former President Trump and “tribalism.”

In reality, polls present that even within the liberal Washington suburbs, the bulk oppose instructing the revisionism that America is mainly racist.

From the roundtable on the June 20 Meet the Press, with feedback first from PBS NewsHour chief correspondent Amna Nawaz and Republican pollster Brad Todd:

AMNA NAWAZ: Yeah. And particular to this concept of essential race principle, I’ve to inform you, I simply spent a while reporting on this county in Virginia about an hour outdoors of Washington. And to your level, that is one thing that’s mobilizing folks and resonating very deeply. It was a few 100 diploma day. Dozens and dozens and dozens of fogeys, largely white, on this largely prosperous county, confirmed up to a college board assembly, for a lot of of them, the very first faculty board assembly they’d ever attended, particularly due to this one problem.

BRAD TODD: That’s essential to notice, that you simply talked about essential race principle a pair instances. It is a parent-led backlash on the grassroots degree.

CHUCK TODD: It’s manufactured, after which type of appears to have been lit, the fireplace was lit.

BRAD TODD: I disagree. I feel it began as a result of mother and father have had it with the training paperwork after COVID. They’re fed up with it. They have an inclination to belief Democrats in the case of training funding, however they belief Republicans on training accountability. I feel that what the backlash you’re seeing on essential race principle in faculties is one other instance of fogeys making an attempt to carry educators accountable.

CORNELL BELCHER: It’s coordinated. It’s aggressive. It’s intentional, proper? That is, that is a part of the tribalism play. The essential race principle is one more software within the racial tribal boogeyman’s toolbox to drive and inflame tribalism, which Republicans assume helps them in elections. That is Trump 2.0. That is, it’s a continuation of this, proper? Important race principle is an, an arcane type of best. Why is it entrance and heart proper now? The identical motive that Mitch McConnell assaults Stacey Abrams when she got here out for the voting invoice. It’s racial. It’s tribalism. We’ve seen it develop underneath Trump. And that is half and partial of it. And so they assume this helps ignite their base. There’s no manner this isn’t grassroots. And, Brad, you realize that is organized and is being paid for.

CHUCK TODD: However, you realize, Ashley-

BRAD TODD: We’re not superb at organizing something on our facet.

CORNELL BELCHER: You all are higher than us.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Typical of smug information media figures, dismissing grassroots considerations as ‘manufactured’ and racist, as if on their very own mother and father can’t acknowledge extremist racial instructing that can additional divide the nation. And it takes chutzpah for Belcher to accuse conservatives of ‘Trump 2.0’ and using ‘the racial tribal boogeyman’s toolbox to drive and inflame tribalism,’ when liberals have spent the final months racializing efforts to go voter integrity legal guidelines by calling them ‘Jim Crow 2.0.’”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ June 14: Liberal Media Scream: GQ journo says US could also be worse than Russia on human rights

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream encompasses a prize-winning Russian-born journalist suggesting that President Joe Biden has no standing to problem Russian President Vladimir Putin on human rights.

Julia Ioffe, showing on MSNBC, stated the US fails the ethical superiority check due to “voter suppression” and police “continually” killing black folks.

Ioffe, who writes for GQ and different websites, stated, “It’s a lot tougher to speak to Vladimir Putin about human rights after we nonetheless haven’t cleaned up our mess at dwelling.” And, she added, “Russians are seeing precisely what we’re seeing: the voter suppression legal guidelines, the, you realize, slide towards minority rule, the undermining of our personal democracy.”

Ioffe on Morning Joe at present:

“I did wish to return rapidly to the purpose of ‘whataboutism.’ In fact, it’s a manner of not answering the query, but it surely works on many individuals as a result of they all the time begin with a grain of fact, proper? And, you realize, it’s fascinating. Sure, the Soviet Union continually talked concerning the violation of the civil rights of African-Individuals in America within the ’50s and ’60s and even going again to the ’30s. And one of many causes that the Civil Rights Act was handed and that the American president received behind it was to sort of take this card out of the arms of the Soviets.

“And, you realize, President Biden, politically talking, will not be going into this assembly with a terrific hand of playing cards, both. , Russians are seeing precisely what we’re seeing: the voter suppression legal guidelines, the, you realize, slide towards minority rule, the undermining of our personal democracy. So it’s a lot tougher to speak to, you realize, we’re seeing black women and men being killed by police continually on this nation, so it’s a lot tougher to speak to Vladimir Putin about human rights after we nonetheless haven’t cleaned up our mess at dwelling.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Ioffe not solely returned to ‘whataboutism,’ however she returned to the left-wing’s ethical equivalence between the U.S. and Soviet Union of the Chilly Battle years when all too many journalists have been extra upset by what President Reagan stated concerning the Soviet Union than the human rights violations dedicated by the Soviets. She’s now justifying Putin’s tackle the U.S. by treating some shortcomings of the U.S., and democratic debate inside our nation about easy methods to enhance these shortcomings, with a Russian dictator who has no real interest in civil rights for anybody as he suppresses dissent, utilizing unjustified incarceration and homicide as his instruments.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ June 7: Liberal Media Scream: CNN’s Stelter offers the total Monty to Biden’s Jen Psaki

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options CNN media critic Brian Stelter’s “interview” of White Home press secretary Jen Psaki, a show of how the liberal cable channel has whipsawed from ripping the Trump administration to fawning over the Biden crew.

Simply think about his first query throughout his Sunday present.

“What do you assume we get fallacious?” Stelter requested.

That was adopted up with questioning, “what’s your recommendation” for journalists “to remain near the reality on this world of lies?”

Then, after noting that he and Psaki have younger kids, he requested, “What sort of nation is that this going to be when they’re our age? Do you worry that, given the craziness we’re seeing from the GOP? Do you worry that for our children, your youngsters and mine?”

Stelter sympathetically arrange the phase, recorded on Friday and aired on Sunday’s Dependable Sources: “On this period of media bunkers and different realities, the White Home press secretary faces some distinctive challenges. So let’s hear from Jen Psaki to get her perspective practically 5 months into the job and about what may lie forward.”

A few of his “questions” to Psaki:

    ♦ “Busy summer time forward, infrastructure, election reform. What does the press get fallacious when overlaying Biden’s agenda? If you watch the information, once you learn the information, what do you assume we get fallacious?”
    ♦ “For different P.R. professionals who watch what you do, for journalists who watch what you do, what’s your recommendation for them about making an attempt to remain as near the reality on this world of lies?”
    ♦ “I do know that is typically adversarial, but it surely additionally must be useful. Is the connection between the White Home and the press corps now a minimum of useful in ways in which it wasn’t within the Trump years?” (Psaki: “I feel so.”)
   ♦ “That is what I actually needed to ask you. You talked about your youngsters, you could have a daughter going into kindergarten, I’ve a daughter going into pre-Okay. And I feel to myself, what sort of nation is that this going to be when they’re our age? Do you worry that, given the craziness we’re seeing from the GOP? Do you worry that for our children, your youngsters and mine?”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “My how the world has modified from the Trump years when CNN handled White Home officers as enemies who should be discredited. Now, White Home workers are their buddies and allies. Stelter must be embarrassed by such a efficiency after years of disdain for Trump’s politics and press secretaries. However he gained’t be. On this interview he acted extra like a groveling scholar craving for his professor’s approval (‘Inform me what I’m doing fallacious,’ ‘How can we be a truthful as you?’), adopted by making an attempt to indicate his shared disdain for her political opponents, than any sort of journalist holding these in energy to account.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ Could 31: Liberal Media Scream: ‘Some issues could also be true, even when Donald Trump stated them’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream encompasses a high critic of the Trump years, ABC’s Jonathan Karl, who lastly stated out loud what supporters of President Donald Trump already knew: The White Home press corps had such contempt for the president that they dismissed every part he stated.

Or, in Karl’s phrases, “some issues could also be true, even when Donald Trump stated them.”

Karl on Sunday’s This Week grudgingly conceded that Trump could have been right in pointing to a lab in Wuhan, China, because the supply of COVID-19. He blamed Trump, not journalists, for ignoring the lab because the supply due to how Trump used “racist” phrases in describing the virus.

Throughout the roundtable phase on This Week, after host Martha Raddatz urged “some folks have egg on their face” for being so dismissive of the likelihood that the COVID-19 virus got here out of a Chinese language lab, Karl stated:

“Sure, I feel lots of people have egg on their face. This was an concept that was first put ahead by Mike Pompeo, secretary of state, Donald Trump. And look, some issues could also be true, even when Donald Trump stated them. And there was — as a result of Trump was saying a lot else that was simply uncontrolled, and since he was, you realize, making a frankly racist enchantment speaking about ‘kung-flu’ and the ‘China virus,’ his notion that he put ahead that this may increasingly have, or that he stated flatly that this got here from that lab, was broadly dismissed. However really, there’s some actual motive — we don’t know, by the best way, we nonetheless don’t know, we completely don’t know, however now, severe persons are saying it wants a severe inquiry.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Karl stated out loud what everybody already presumed: So many within the Washington press corps had such contempt for President Trump that they dismissed something he stated they might characterize of their minds as coming from foul motives. Thus, journalists proudly rationalized placing their prejudices first. However that meant the media failed in its fundamental responsibility to tell the general public of one of the best info out there concerning the supply of a pandemic which has killed 3.5 million worldwide.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ Could 24: No Liberal Media Scream this week

 

■ Could 17: Liberal Media Scream: Chuck Todd doesn’t wish to be referred to as liberal, ‘Don’t begin that!’

(Washington Examiner submit)

The query on this week’s Liberal Mainstream Scream is that this: Can NBC Meet the Press host Chuck Todd deal with the reality?

A solution got here in his interview with Texas Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw after Todd hit him for 5 questions on the elimination of Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney because the No. 3 Home chief after she refused to cease criticizing former President Donald Trump on his election fraud claims.

An exacerbated Crenshaw, after watching the liberal media flip the ouster into the following catastrophe for the GOP, blurted out, “You guys within the press love doing this” and “I get it, proper? The press is essentially liberal. They’re largely pro-Democrat.”

Todd wouldn’t hear it and tried to take again the dialog. “No, no, no, no, don’t begin that … There’s nothing lazier. There’s nothing lazier than that,” he stated.

Todd tried repeatedly to get Crenshaw to denounce his Republican colleagues and Trump in a collection of questions, beginning with asking him to agree that “Liz Cheney was kicked out of management just because she wouldn’t carry the water of former President Trump’s election lies.” He adopted up with “Why ought to anyone consider a phrase you say if the Republican occasion itself doesn’t have credibility?” and “Do any of your critiques come throughout as credible if you happen to can’t settle for the basic proven fact that our democracy held a free and truthful election?”

He then pressed Crenshaw to backtrack from ever asking courts to overview some election processes, resulting in this change on the Sunday program:

CHUCK TODD: This is a matter that many individuals have, is that you simply’re sitting right here making an attempt to, making an attempt to say, ‘No, no, no, no, I simply had a selected query,’ but what you probably did will get weaponized by the previous president. Did you see the rantings of him yesterday? And to the purpose the place a Republican official in Maricopa County referred to as the previous president ‘unhinged.’ , I perceive you guys wish to put this behind you, however he’s the chief of your occasion, and he doesn’t cease speaking about this nonsense.

REP. DAN CRENSHAW: Chuck, the one — look, he’s certainly one of many leaders within the occasion. He’s a former president. We’re 5 months into President Biden’s presidency, and there’s a time to maneuver on. And look, you guys within the press love doing this, and I, and I get it, proper? The press is essentially liberal. They’re largely pro-Democrat.

TODD: No, no, no, no, don’t begin that. That’s the laz — look, there’s nothing lazier. There’s nothing lazier than that.

CRENSHAW: It’s. I imply, there’s quite a lot of, there’s quite a lot of causes to maintain this alive.

TODD: I perceive — what you’re making an attempt to appease —

CRENSHAW: And there’s lots of people in my occasion that take the bait. I’m not going to take the bait right here —

TODD: I’m not making an attempt to bait you. I’m making an attempt to — I’m making an attempt to determine —

CRENSHAW: What’s the consequence you’re in search of?

TODD: Why do you, why do you, why can we sit right here and have a political occasion that’s mainly rallying round this weird lie and mythology that the previous president is doing, and also you guys simply wish to say, ‘Hey, pay no consideration to this,’ that, that someway we within the press are bringing that up. It’s the previous president.

CRENSHAW: Nicely, I already, I already debunked the notion, I already debunked the notion that there is, that there’s no area within the occasion for that. Keep in mind, Liz gained that first election —

CHUCK TODD: She’s not there now.

CRENSHAW: She gained that first management vote, OK? And I advised you why. I helped you perceive why. And what I’m making an attempt that will help you perceive is these are usually not the cellphone calls I get about this, about who’s the chief of the occasion, what’s taking place with Trump? My Republican supporters don’t ask me about Trump, they don’t ask me about what he stated, they’re not riled up about it. what they’re asking about? What are we doing about over 1 / 4 million unlawful crossings on our border within the final two months? That’s what they’re asking about. How is that sustainable? What about my inflation? What about my financial savings that at the moment are much less invaluable due to rising inflation as a result of we’re spending cash that we don’t have.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “There’s nothing lazier than a liberal journalist, within the midst of pursuing a liberal narrative, denying the simple actuality that the press and journalists are largely liberal. If Todd doesn’t need his visitor to name out his biased agenda, then he shouldn’t maintain asking a variation of the identical query again and again as a result of the visitor gained’t accede to his left-wing speaking factors.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ New on Could 10: Liberal Media Scream: Six extra years of ‘Stacey Abrams for president’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the most recent and gushiest media profile of politician and creator (and marvel girl?) Stacey Abrams, who misplaced in her final election however who journalists consider can be president quickly.

CBS Sunday Morning larded on the compliments and promoted her presidential ambitions.

In a phase tied to plugging a brand new novel by Abrams, Erin Moriarty stated, “Your primary character is all the time a lady of colour who’s sensible and gutsy and funky underneath stress. In brief, Stacey Abrams.”

After hailing her efforts to counter Republican voter integrity guidelines, Moriarty celebrated how “making certain that proper to vote could sometime assist Abrams obtain her best dream: working for president.”

From the Sunday version of the present:

JANE PAULEY: We’re in dialog this morning with Stacey Abrams, the Georgia politician who was a drive in final yr’s presidential election. However she’s a lady of many different skills, as she’ll inform Erin Moriarty …

MORIARTY: Stacey Abrams has all the time dreamed huge and achieved a lot, however there’s additionally one other facet to the political activist from Georgia.

ABRAMS: I feel folks can be shocked.

MORIARTY: Arising on Sunday Morning, a dialog with a lady of many skills and identities.

MORIARTY: Your primary character is all the time a lady of colour who’s sensible and gutsy and funky underneath stress. In brief, Stacey Abrams.

ABRAMS: Nicely, I attempt to emulate my characters, and I attempt to have my characters replicate who I’m.

MORIARTY: Guaranteeing that proper to vote could sometime assist Abrams obtain her best dream: working for president.

ABRAMS: Do I maintain it as an ambition? Completely. And much more importantly, when somebody asks me if that’s my ambition, I’ve a duty to say sure for each younger girl, each individual of colour, each younger individual of colour who sees me and decides what they’re able to primarily based on what I feel I’m able to. Once more, it’s about you can’t have these belongings you refuse to dream of.

MORIARTY: With Georgia, Florida, and most not too long ago Texas, passing legal guidelines that restrict voting, Abrams is increasing Honest Struggle’s efforts across the nation. She has a digital guide tour plan for her new novel and, after all, extra books to jot down, which leaves little time for anything. How do you could have any time for a private life?

ABRAMS: Nicely, let’s be clear. So Honest Struggle, there’s additionally the Southern Financial Development Mission, there’s Honest Depend, there’s writing —

MORIARTY: You’re making my level for me. You’re making my level!

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “It should be good to be a liberal Democrat, really easy to get a pleasant profile from a serious media outlet selling your political ambitions. Moriarty is clearly a private admirer as she poured on the effusive reward, heralding Abrams for a way she has ‘achieved a lot,’ citing her ‘many skills,’ and touting her as ‘sensible and gutsy.’ CBS by no means needed to determine her as a liberal or a Democrat. With that sort of pleasure about her from a journalist, viewers knew she couldn’t be anything.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ Could 3: Liberal Media Scream: MSNBC declares black Sen. Tim Scott a race traitor

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream featured a racist assault by a black MSNBC host on South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, additionally black, after he rebutted President Joe Biden’s joint session speech to declaring that America will not be racist.

Main the cable community’s assault was host Tiffany Cross, who denigrated Scott for having the gall to dispute the liberal line that America is racist.

She rolled out each racist phrase she may. Cross referred to as Scott “a stone idiot,” “slow-witted,” “a token,” and referred to as his factors “asinine,” all earlier than the very low blow that Harriet Tubman would have left Scott “behind.”

Cross, nonetheless, didn’t have an issue when Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris agreed the US is “not a racist nation.”

From Saturday’s The Cross Connection on MSNBC:

Tiffany Cross: “This week, the only real black Republican within the Senate sounded a stone idiot when he stated this.”

Scott, within the Republican response to Biden’s handle to a joint session of Congress: “Hear me clearly, America will not be a racist nation.”

Cross: “OK. Let’s be clear. Tim Scott doesn’t symbolize any constituency aside from the small variety of sleepy, slow-witted victims of Stockholm syndrome who get elevated to prominence for repeating a false narrative about this nation that makes conservative white folks really feel snug as a result of once you communicate an uncomfortable fact, like Nikole Hannah-Jones, the occasion that Scott claims will not be racist will get huge mad and tries to silence you. Simply this week, Senate Minority Chief Mitch McConnell requested Training Secretary Miguel Cardona to scrap instructing the 1619 Mission in faculties as a result of it could ‘reorient the view of American historical past.’ Fortunate for McConnell, he has his personal faucet dancer to try to reorient the view of America for him.”

“There have been so many contradictions within the senator’s speech that it was clear not even Scott believed the phrases he was talking. I may go into element refuting every of his asinine factors, however he did that for me, and furthermore, a lesson I’ve realized, don’t argue with folks Harriet Tubman would have left behind. And certain, Tim Scott has spoken out about his encounters with regulation enforcement, and he co-sponsored the anti-lynching invoice within the Senate, however there are two sides to each token. So thirsty for white approval, this dude really stood on the nationwide stage to defend the voter suppression regulation in Georgia regardless that, as of final month, 361 payments have been being launched in 47 states to maintain individuals who appear like him out of the poll field.

“The flexibility to disgrace the ancestors and appease the oppressors multi function speech, that’s excessive, although not fairly just like the home violent extremism that the Division of Homeland Safety is investigating inside its personal ranks, thoughts you. However please, senator, say extra about how un-racist the nation is whilst you trot out that drained line about going from cotton to Congress to clown. Maybe this was merely Sen. Scott’s audition to be Sam Jackson’s understudy within the movie Django as a result of, as a descendant of the enslaved and rattling close to a each day survivor of institutional racism, I can guarantee you the query, ‘is America a racist nation?’, is one which has been requested and answered many instances over.

“But we nonetheless love America. Not for what it was, however for what it could possibly be. On this one, you’re not solely on the fallacious facet of the aisle, Sen. Scott, however you’re embarrassingly on the fallacious facet of historical past, as effectively.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “The 5 scream scale will not be ample for this one. What a disgusting, hate-filled commentary full of non-public invective, excoriating a U.S. senator as some type of race traitor for daring to deviate from the left-wing line on how America is a racist nation and anybody who’s black should not stray from particular insurance policies advocated by the Democratic occasion. Cross reveals how scared liberals are of opposite views, pouncing to silence any divergence from the left’s race orthodoxy earlier than it might probably get any consideration.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ April 26: Liberal Media Scream: DeSantis should be high canine the best way media bark at him

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream reveals the most recent proof that the media view rising Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis as an enormous risk.

The identical group that likes to stay “Hate Has No Dwelling Right here” posters of their entrance yard has pulled out each nasty identify and reference they’ll to belittle his enhancements within the state, which continues to see hoards transferring there from the north.

The newest: He’s the reincarnation of former Alabama segregationist Gov. George Wallace.

On MSNBC late final week, anchor Pleasure Reid went on a rant making an attempt to discredit DeSantis as a Wallace-inspired racist for signing a invoice to carry rioters accountable for damages and hurt to others. “It feels so George Wallace that I’m shocked that George Wallace didn’t really consider it again when he was governor of Alabama,” she stated.

After a visitor from Black Lives Matter declared, “That is straight out of the Jim Crow textbook,” and that “white supremacy is scared to demise of us,” Reid stated, “DeSantis seems to actually wish to reenact your entire George Wallace historical past. I assume he desires to be the modern-day George Wallace, as a result of he’s enacting a slew of legal guidelines that primarily attempt to make it unlawful to protest within the state of Florida.”

One thing they didn’t spotlight: Wallace was a Democrat who pursued segregationist insurance policies, as others in his occasion had. He was widespread sufficient that within the 1972 Democratic presidential primaries, he misplaced to George McGovern by simply 2 factors within the widespread vote. He gained the Maryland and Michigan primaries, amongst others, regardless of being shot in an assassination try.

From the Thursday, April 22 The ReidOut on MSNBC:

JOY REID: , Brittany, this feels prefer it’s directed at y’all. That is directed at Black Lives Matter. It feels so George Wallace that I’m shocked that George Wallace didn’t really consider it again when he was governor of Alabama.

BRITTANY PACKNETT CUNNINGHAM, BLM ACTIVIST: Oh, that is straight out of the Jim Crow textbook, and let’s contextualize Jim Crow, we could? When black folks received extra free, there have been new legal guidelines created to make us much less free. That is precisely what is occurring proper now. What this really reveals me, Pleasure, is that white supremacy is scared to demise of us, and it completely must be. That is what you do once you can’t win truthful and sq.. You suppress votes, and also you suppress voice. So, we’ve got to concentrate right here, as a result of the GOP performs the lengthy recreation, they usually play the expansive recreation. They plan far upfront. They gerrymander states in order that they’ll management statehouses, after which, they use all of that energy to keep up their energy and suppress us from a number of angles. So, then they make it unlawful to interact within the two most democratic practices you bought on this nation, they usually be certain to focus on black of us once they do it. That manner, amongst different issues, you may leverage the police that you simply’ve militarized to guard your techniques and to proceed to terrorize us. So, it’s our job to maintain them on the ropes, as a result of that is what desperation seems to be like, and I need them to remain determined. They understand how highly effective we’re. That’s why we’re seeing this.

REID: , Rep. [Anna] Eskamani, the racist Miami sheriff who coined the time period ‘When the looting begins, the taking pictures begins’ was from South Florida. Donald Trump then turns round and quotes him. Ron DeSantis seems to actually wish to reenact your entire George Wallace historical past. I assume he desires to be the modern-day George Wallace, as a result of he’s enacting a slew of legal guidelines that primarily attempt to make it unlawful to protest within the state of Florida, unlawful to the touch their valuable Accomplice statues from the shedding facet of the Civil Battle, proper? However then we can also’t vote. That is Jim Crow in your state. What can Democrats do about it?

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Reid way back misplaced any pretense of being a journalist and is now only a left-wing political activist devoted to smearing and discrediting conservative politicians, particularly rising leaders like DeSantis who dare achieve traction on the Proper by going in opposition to the woke far-left political narrative. She’s returned to her political roots. She labored for Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential marketing campaign. Now, she’s engaged on behalf of your entire Democratic Get together to abet its most radical parts.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams

 

■ April 19: No Liberal Media Scream this week

 

■ April 12: Liberal Media Scream: Smug shrugs from 60 Minutes on DeSantis hit job

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream turns to the sloppy 60 Minutes report final week on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the TV information journal’s smug refusal to confess its reporting and enhancing failures in a narrative a Washington Publish media critic called “a plume of innuendo.”

Underneath hearth for every week for suggesting the governor was in a “pay to play” scandal it by no means proved, 60 Minutes as a substitute supplied an enormous “no matter” in response to critics.

At problem was a narrative two Sundays again by correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi, who urged DeSantis partnered with Florida’s Publix supermarkets to present COVID-19 pictures after dishing contributions to him.

He denied the costs, however a lot of his clarification was edited out of the story, and media critics stated that the reporter made her case poorly. DeSantis referred to as the story a “huge lie.”

Final night time, on the finish of the present, when letters are generally learn, Alfonsi didn’t pull again her story and as a substitute learn excerpts from three letters, beginning with how “some viewers, together with a retired newsman, applauded the story.”

She moved on to a lady who denounced CBS’s “shameful biased reporting,” then ended with a cutesy problem from a person who wrote, “I’ll solely watch” the present “yet another time. Simply to see if you happen to broadcast this message.”

From the conclusion of the April 11 60 Minutes:

Sharyn Alfonsi: “Within the mail this week, feedback on our story about disparities within the distribution of COVID-19 vaccine in Palm Seaside County, Florida. Viewers targeted on an change with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis at a press convention. Some viewers, together with a retired newsman, applauded the story.”

Studying a letter from Nick Boryack of Vero Seaside, Florida: “Ron DeSantis will proceed to disclaim, refute, name your reporting a witch hunt. I can solely hope that you simply proceed to analyze and expose the reality.”

Alfonsi: “However many extra feedback condemned our enhancing and reporting.”

Studying a letter from Amy Ernest of Houston, Texas: “Shameful biased reporting – that’s what you’re responsible of. You’re now not journalists, however lobbyists and advocates.”

Alfonsi: “Then there was this:”

Alfonsi studying a letter from David Plewes of Lighthouse Level, Florida: “I’ve watched 60 Minutes for many years. After your biased piece on Governor DeSantis, I’ll solely watch it yet another time. Simply to see if you happen to broadcast this message.”

Alfonsi: “I’m Sharyn Alfonsi. We’ll be again subsequent week with one other version of 60 Minutes.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A really distinguished instance of how the information media refuse to carry themselves accountable which offers extra recent proof for why anybody proper of heart has no motive to ever belief journalists to be truthful to a conservative elected official. After every week through which Democrats, and even liberal media observers, condemned 60 Minutes for a distorted story, the present did not admit its misdeeds or retract the story. As an alternative, they dug in, downgrading accountability to studying just a few random viewer feedback.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ April 5: Liberal Media Scream: PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor connects Georgia voting to George Floyd trial

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream reveals the lockstep reactionaryism to Georgia’s new election reform regulation that really expands some voting protections — however is seemingly too troublesome for critics to learn.

The listing of these blasting it as racist is lengthy, however we function PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor as a result of she took it one other step and tied it to the homicide trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who has been charged within the demise of George Floyd.

“Watching this [Chauvin] trial and watching what’s happening in Georgia, they completely join,” she stated throughout Meet the Press on Sunday.

The Georgia regulation has divided partisans, particularly company America’s response, together with MLB’s choice final week to maneuver the annual All-Star Recreation out of Atlanta in protest. On the identical time, some information shops have began to check the brand new regulation extra and located much less to complain about whereas noting that a number of different states have a lot stricter election guidelines.

From the present:

Yamiche Alcindor: “Nicely, the Chauvin trial, and that homicide trial within the demise of George Floyd, is related to voting rights as a result of, on the finish of the day, it’s about how African Individuals and whether or not African Individuals are allowed to outlive and thrive in America and are capable of have entry to the rules that America holds up as close to and expensive. And that, after all, is democracy. However it’s additionally your capacity to pursue happiness and to not have an officer kneel in your neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds. Watching this trial and watching what’s happening in Georgia, they completely join.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Alcindor displayed the all too typical angle of journalists who don’t see something fallacious with presuming advocates of constructing voting safer are not any completely different than enforcers of ‘Jim Crow’ or, as she charged, are against letting African Individuals ‘survive’ in America. Linking Georgia, which really expanded voting entry in a number of methods, to a homicide trial is an outrage and reveals Alcindor is extra a far-left political advocate, who stirs up racial animosities to advance a trigger, than any sort of dispassionate journalist.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 29: Liberal Media Scream: ‘Unhappy however true,’ Pleasure Reid agrees GOP would make Jesus endure

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream has an Easter and election angle, but it surely’s not very uplifting.

It encompasses a well-known Georgetown College professor condemning GOP election reform efforts in states equivalent to Georgia and suggesting that the occasion is so racist and imply it could “go a regulation to maintain Jesus from getting a cup of water whereas he is dying on the cross.”

And, after all, it led to Pleasure Reid, host of her present The ReidOut, agreeing with Professor Michael Eric Dyson.

The feedback got here whereas the nation is in a heated debate over election reform, with the GOP heading to tightening poll entry and Democrats transferring to open it as much as a nationwide mail-in system.

Reid’s present targeted on condemning the GOP, and Dyson stated Republican efforts like these in Georgia are going additional than outdated segregationist Jim Crow legal guidelines. “The actual faith, the actual politics in America is whiteness and whiteness unhinged,” he stated.

Dyson on the Friday version of The ReidOut:

“I imply, President Biden is true. That is Jim Crow, that is Jane Crow …The actual faith, the actual politics in America, is whiteness and whiteness unhinged … I feel he’s considering it critically when he sees the results. What he must do is fill these busters with some worry of the federal government. These are the type of people that would go a regulation to maintain Jesus from getting a cup of water whereas he is dying on the cross.”

Reid agreed: “Unhappy however true.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A cute-sounding quip however with a tough edge simply earlier than Palm Sunday as MSNBC determined to showcase Dyson, a person who all the time sees racial animus motivating conservatives. It’s all a part of the far-left/information media joint effort to smear as racist anybody inquisitive about preserving the voting system sincere, thus discrediting their considerations with out having to handle their substance.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 22: Liberal Media Scream: Seth Meyers rants in opposition to rural whites, Structure

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream steps outdoors the same old lane of indignant information media figures to NBC’s Late Night time present hosted by Seth Meyers and his 15-minute rant for H.R. 1, the “For the Individuals Act” election regulation, and in opposition to the filibuster.

His was a sweeping condemnation of Republicans, rural Individuals, whites, and the Founding Fathers.

He opened Thursday by charging that the electoral system is “closely tilted towards a minority of voters which might be predominately white and rural, thanks largely to anti-majoritarian establishments just like the Electoral Faculty and the Senate.” He cited new Georgia Sen. Raphael Warnock’s “impassioned speech in favor of sweeping voting reforms” and accused Republicans of pushing Jim Crow-style election modifications.

“Republicans tried to steal the final election via the courts. That didn’t work, so now they’re making an attempt to steal the following election via voter suppression. Nuking or altering the filibuster to cease them is an ethical necessity,” he urged in his “Nearer Look” phase:

A number of the lowlights:

“Our democracy as at the moment constituted is just not a degree taking part in area. In reality, it’s arguably by no means been a degree taking part in area, it’s closely tilted towards a minority of voters which might be predominately white and rural, thanks largely to anti-majoritarian establishments just like the Electoral Faculty and the Senate. Simply think about that proper now the Senate is evenly cut up 50-50 and but the 50 Senate Democrats symbolize practically 42 million extra Individuals than the 50 Senate Republicans. For instance, Wyoming with a inhabitants of about 580,000 folks, has two senators. And New York additionally has two senators, regardless that there are 580,000 folks simply on my co-op board. …

“I imply, simply think about the scope of how closely tilted our democratic establishments are towards Republicans. They’ve solely gained the favored vote as soon as within the final 32 years, but, they’ve appointed a majority of Supreme Courtroom justices, they’ve misplaced the favored vote by practically 3 million. In 2016, misplaced the Home by the biggest margin since Watergate in 2018, misplaced two Senate seats in traditionally crimson Georgia this yr, and but, Mitch McConnell nonetheless mainly will get a veto over what the Senate can or can’t go. The one manner the Senate can get something finished proper now could be via a course of referred to as price range reconciliation, which has extra guidelines than a Manhattan parking signal. …

“Warnock delivered an impassioned speech in favor of sweeping voting reforms, and he famous that the GOP assault on voting rights is probably the most ferocious assault on democracy because the period of Jim Crow.”

[Sen. Raphael Warnock: “We are witnessing right now a massive and unabashed assault on voting rights, unlike anything we’ve ever seen since the Jim Crow era. This is Jim Crow in new clothes.”]

“He’s proper. And the garments aren’t even good. I imply, take a look at this [picture of Trump], it seems to be like he was thrown bare within the dumpster behind a Palm Seaside pro-shop, and given 5 minutes to select an outfit. It’s Halloween costume if you wish to go as a misplaced grandpa at Disney World. Warnock was on the ground particularly to name for Senate passage of H.R. 1, a sweeping bundle of pressing voting reforms handed by the Home which might be desperately wanted to degree what’s at the moment a really lopsided taking part in area. H.R. 1 would fight just about each GOP voter suppression tactic by, amongst different issues, mandating nationwide early voting and no-excuse mail voting, instituting computerized and same-day voter registration, implementing public financing of elections, and banning congressional gerrymandering, amongst different issues. It’s additionally extremely widespread in polls, even among the many majority of Republican voters. So, naturally, Republican politicians are shedding their minds over it. …

“Republicans tried to steal the final election via the courts. That didn’t work, so now they’re making an attempt to steal the following election via voter suppression. Nuking or altering the filibuster to cease them is an ethical necessity. We badly want sweeping reforms to make our democracy a degree taking part in area.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Meyers’s argument must be with the founders, not present-day Republicans. He’s upset that our constitutional system, with two senators from each state, is inhibiting the enactment of left-wing insurance policies, as if the Senate make-up is one thing new. He’s upset by Wyoming however ignores how the following least-populous state, Vermont, has a socialist and a left-wing Democrat for senators. H.R. 1 must be referred to as the ‘Allow Unlawful Voting Act,’ because it’s a grab-bag of left-wing insurance policies geared toward making it straightforward for Democrats to get votes from these not certified to vote. The very fact Meyers is so enthusiastic about it demonstrates he’s a left-wing Democratic activist first, a comic a distant second.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 15: Liberal Media Scream: Meet the Press blames Trump for Cuomo refusing to give up

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the most recent model of “Trump Derangement Syndrome,” this time on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Discussing embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s refusal to step down over a few scandals, the tag crew of host Chuck Todd and visitor John Heilemann blamed Trump, suggesting that he set the “precedent” for refusing to give up when pressed by critics.

“He’s following what’s seen now because the Trump precedent,” stated Heilemann of Cuomo.

Todd turned on conservatives, calling them “enthusiastic about Cuomo’s downfall” when it’s been Democrats on the highest ranges calling the liberal governor to give up over COVID-19 and intercourse scandals.

From the roundtable on Sunday’s Meet the Press:

John Heilemann: “I feel, you realize, that the opposite factor that’s true is Cuomo is completely dug in. I feel the chance of Cuomo resigning is near zero. And I feel, you realize, he’s following proper now — uncomfortably for lots of Democrats — he’s following what’s seen now because the Trump precedent. , in case you are decided sufficient, you’re shameless sufficient, you may maintain on.

“And so the query then simply turns into: Does he really get impeached, does he really get thrown out? And I feel that’s going to be — a big query round that’s going to be what further proof comes out over the approaching — possibly sufficient now, however there’s going to be a big query of what else unfolds over the following couple weeks.”

Chuck Todd: “It does really feel like he’s forcing that. I’m glad you introduced up Trump there a minute, John. Lanhee [Chen], I need you to reply on one thing Tim Miller wrote within the Bulwark. He stated, ‘Dunking on Cuomo’s demise requires admitting that the opposite occasion has requirements and lays naked, as soon as once more, the cravenness of the excuse-making for Trump that stored the lights on for the previous 5 years.’ There’s quite a lot of conservative media, acolytes, and propagandists which might be very enthusiastic about Cuomo’s downfall, however they appear to not be very self-reflective.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Trump Derangement Syndrome lives on, particularly with these within the media nonetheless upset Trump’s private foibles didn’t undermine assist amongst his followers. Heilemann and Todd can’t recover from their contempt for Trump and so nonetheless wish to scold his supporters for hypocrisy with out seeing any in themselves in cueing up a ‘Trump precedent’ to rationalize misbehavior by a liberal Democrat.”

Scream ranking: THREE out of FIVE Screams.

 

■ March 8: Liberal Media Scream: CNN anchor says Republicans don’t really feel ‘ache’ of individuals

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream takes a take a look at the in a single day bias on CNN, and it’s a doozy.

In line with CNN in a single day anchor Rosemary Church, Republicans are callous and heartless and might’t really feel the ache of these they symbolize. It reminded us of once they used to name CNN the “Clinton Information Community” for its supportive protection of the president who famously stated in his 1992 marketing campaign, “I really feel your ache.”

The feedback got here after Senate Republicans balked at approving the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 spending invoice that the GOP stated spends little or no on fast coronavirus points.

Interviewing Ron Brownstein of the Atlantic, Church noticed urgency in advancing the Biden agenda.

The primary two inquiries to Brownstein from the Atlanta-based anchor for CNN Worldwide within the 3 a.m. hour of CNN Newsroom Dwell simulcast on the home facet:

“So President Biden’s COVID reduction bundle cleared the Senate with none Republican assist Saturday. Now it’s heading again to the Home for a vote Tuesday. How seemingly is it that it’ll go this week? And the way crucial is it that this will get finished and finished quick?”

“How does all of this search for Republicans who didn’t get on board with serving to folks? They don’t really feel a lot of the ache that different Individuals are feeling throughout this pandemic, to allow them to’t start to know what persons are going via. How a lot of a barrier is that disconnect for a celebration already fighting its personal id?”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Church completely encapsulates the presumptions of so many journalists who assume it’s past dispute that anybody who opposes an enormous new spending invoice is an out-of-touch and uncaring lout, that anybody who disagrees with their outlook has crass motives undeserving of consideration. It’s the sort of embedded bias which infuriates everybody proper of heart, however can’t be acknowledged by journalists like Church who’re blind to their very own bias.”

Scream ranking: FOUR out of FIVE Screams.

 

■ March 1: Liberal Media Scream: MSNBC’s Ali Velshi says racism defines America

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options MSNBC host Ali Velshi condemning America as racist endlessly.

“Racism is one thing that has outlined the US since its very founding,” stated the Kenyan-born former Canadian journalist on his present Velshi.

His feedback got here in introducing creator Heather McGhee on to speak about her guide on racism. In his intro, he stated American whites are so racist that they’ll damage their very own financial future to cease blacks.

McGhee, creator of The Sum of Us: What Racism Prices Everybody and How We Can Prosper Collectively, agreed and supplied Obamacare for instance of whites being racially pushed to oppose a useful program as a result of it was proposed by a black president.

From Saturday morning’s Velshi on MSNBC:

Ali Velshi: “Racism is one thing that has outlined the US since its very founding. In reality, it infects practically all sides of American life, like healthcare, about which we simply heard. However it additionally impacts our politics and our economics. The false perception that progress and prosperity for folks of colour comes on the expense of white folks has helped prop up racist techniques for generations. This zero-sum principle is what creator Heather McGhee tackles in her new guide, ‘The Sum of Us: What Racism Prices Everybody and How We Can Prosper Collectively.’ In it, she examines the self-destructive discount of white supremacy and the way a lot we’ve misplaced economically as a rustic attributable to racism by way of a greenback quantity.

“One of many issues that appeals to me about your guide is the dialogue that you’ve about how folks, typically white folks or individuals who have energy and privilege in society, typically make choices that aren’t of their financial pursuits or work in opposition to their very own prosperity as a result of they really feel like giving different folks, on this case, black folks, sure rights and privileges will take away a few of their very own.”

Heather McGhee: “That’s precisely proper. I imply, to remain on the problem of healthcare, which you have lined so effectively, Ali, you realize, white persons are really the biggest group of the uninsured, and but, ever because the Inexpensive Care Act was signed by our first black president, the vast majority of white folks have disapproved of the gorgeous modest thought that’s Obamacare, and there’s an enormous correlation between racial resentment in opposition to black folks and the southern, most often, states and likewise Maine, which is the whitest state within the nation, refusal to broaden Medicaid underneath Obamacare. So it’s this concept that authorities is on the facet of individuals of colour, and that’s the reason there’s such a fierce anti-government skepticism and suspicion among the many majority of white voters — the vast majority of white voters who’ve voted for the Republican Get together for president, I’ll remind you, ever since Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “As folks obsessed by race, Velshi and McGhee lack self-awareness in attributing racism to these with a special standpoint. It’s inconceivable to have a rational coverage dialogue when so many liberals within the media hurl racism accusations in any respect these of 1 race who don’t purchase into the liberal agenda, as if they can’t have a logical motive for opposing the coverage aside from their presumed racism. It’s very damaging politics.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ February 22: Liberal Media Scream: Liberals rush to dump on Rush Limbaugh

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream takes word of the demise of conservative discuss radio icon Rush Limbaugh, who influenced many and even pushed some, notably former Vice President Mike Pence, to leap into politics.

Buddies and allies have been effusive of their reward.

So too was the hate from his foes, too many to listing right here. However for instance, we function former New York Instances media reporter Invoice Carter who disparaged Florida’s plans to honor the long-time resident.

Showing on CNN’s Dependable Sources, Carter, now a “media analyst” for CNN, contended Limbaugh didn’t deserve the eye given him by Gov. Ron DeSantis, who plans to decrease the state flag.

After host Brian Stelter requested him concerning the plan by DeSantis, Carter stated:

“Nicely, it’s sort of surprising as a result of, I imply, initially, you realize the governor of Florida is simply taking part in for conservative consideration in doing that. However the justification is admittedly questionable.

“I imply, look, Limbaugh had an enormous following, and it was very fashionable amongst, you realize, a bunch of right-wing listeners. However he wasn’t a heroic determine. I imply, he had quite a lot of incidents that have been extraordinarily questionable, and his views have been fairly ugly, they usually damage lots of people. They damage some folks personally.

“And I feel – you realize, there have been an terrible lot of people who find themselves justifiably saying why are you celebrating a man who attacked Barack Obama on race, who sang ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ and every kind of extraordinarily outrageous issues that, frankly, the conservatives liked. They liked him for that. And he established the model. He did. That was a model. However to make it a heroic factor or one thing that must be celebrated like, you realize, a battle hero, I discover that fairly questionable.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Fairly normal liberal ‘typical knowledge’ right here from Carter, and that’s the frustration. You’d hope a reporter with a profession overlaying the media may rise above simply passing alongside liberal bromides and, a minimum of within the days after his passing, would provide one thing optimistic a few man who earned the loyalty of hundreds of thousands for greater than thirty years and impressed generations of Individuals about the advantages of conservative coverage options.”

Score: 3 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 15: Liberal Media Scream: CNN’s Don Lemon goes there and blames ‘horrible Reagan’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options ranting CNN host Don Lemon tying every part he doesn’t wish to some of the widespread presidents in United States historical past: Ronald Reagan.

“Reagan was horrible,” stated Lemon, who urged that the Republican’s two-term presidency paved the best way for the Capitol riots.

Shouting over fellow CNN host Chris Cuomo, Lemon stated Republicans are additionally unhealthy for respecting Reagan.

“They maintain him as much as a gold normal. If you take a look at what he really achieved, he didn’t,” he stated.

From the Thursday, Feb. 11 CNN Tonight, through the handoff from Chris Cuomo’s 9 p.m. present to Lemon’s 10 p.m. present:

CHRIS CUOMO: Reagan and Bush Republicans have been nothing like these guys.

DON LEMON: I don’t find out about that.

CUOMO: Simply the problem of immigration. Take a look at how Reagan and George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush talked about immigration.

LEMON: Reagan was the primary presidential election that I voted in. And hear, … I’m simply saying that folks maintain him as much as be — Reagan was not excellent. Reagan was horrible when it got here to—

CUOMO: Excellent? He gave us one of many largest deficits we’ve ever seen, and he completely fed the divide.

LEMON: That is what I imply. They all the time maintain him up as a gold normal. However once you take a look at what he really achieved, he didn’t. He was horrible when it got here to racial points. He was horrible when it got here to the AIDS disaster. He was horrible when it got here to uniting the nation. He didn’t unite the nation — he was a divider. And they also maintain him up as a gold normal. … I simply assume it’s levels, however I feel the Republican Get together has been transferring on this route endlessly.

Once more, they’re the occasion of every part that they’re making an attempt to faux that they’re not. Now saying, “The folks within the Capitol, that’s not us.” Sure, it’s you! “The people who have been in Charlottesville, that’s not us.” Sure, it’s you! These persons are not marching for Democrats. And this complete bizarre factor that they maintain saying, “What concerning the riots and the demonstration that occurred this summer time?” That’s apples and oranges. To begin with, the demonstrations, the protests have been for one thing that’s actual. It was for inequality. It was for police brutality. It was for all these issues. It was individuals who have been rising up for his or her rights. What occurred on the Capitol was constructed on a lie.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President for Analysis and Publications Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Such disdain for the late former president, who’s a hero to conservatives and an inspiration to many oppressed by communism around the globe, reveals the baselessness of the widespread media line that they needed to be hostile to Donald Trump as a result of he posed a brand new sort of harmful and racist risk to democracy and all that’s good about the US. If Lemon had a CNN present within the Nineteen Eighties he would have been simply as hostile to Reagan, calling him a racist night time after night time, as he was and is to Trump. Conservative presidents come and go, however the media contempt for them by no means wavers.”

Score: 4 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 8: Liberal Media Scream: Reporter decries ‘ex-boyfriend…abuse’ from Workforce Trump

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream had quite a lot of selections from reporters by no means happier than to have a brand new administration that thinks like they do to report on.

However just one expressed the reduction she felt in attending to cowl the Democratic Biden administration after the “unhealthy ex-boyfriend” abuse she felt coping with Workforce Trump.

On CNN on Sunday, Yahoo Information White Home correspondent Brittany Shepherd got here down laborious on former Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She in contrast McEnany’s White Home briefings to “having a extremely unhealthy ex-boyfriend. We have been getting primarily abused by Kayleigh for therefore lengthy.”

And worse, she charged that McEnany incited folks to “go to lethal ends for some folks with demise threats.”

However now, with spokeswoman Jen Psaki, “It’s very refreshing.”

Shepherd on CNN’s Dependable Sources:

“It’s been actually refreshing to have briefings each day and to even know who the senior officers speaking to Biden are. We weren’t getting that in any of the Trump years, particularly in these waning days of the McEnany briefings.

“And it’s refreshing, I do sort of put it in the direction of like having a extremely unhealthy ex-boyfriend. We have been getting primarily abused by Kayleigh for therefore lengthy, or a minimum of she was calling us faux information and inciting her followers and followers of the president to not solely harass us on-line however clearly go to lethal ends for some folks with demise threats.

“Now, we’ve got Jen and your entire Biden crew. It’s very refreshing. However it’s essential to keep in mind that the bar has actually been left on the ground, and simply with the ability to present up and clear it isn’t sufficient.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Shepherd exemplifies the hostility the White Home press corps had towards Kayleigh McEnany and all issues Trump, mixed with their keen embrace of the brand new administration, fast to hail Biden’s press crew as ‘very refreshing.’ It’s as if Shepherd simply received a job switch from an workplace full of individuals she finds disreputable to a brand new workplace full of people that encourage her.”

Score: 3 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 1: Liberal Media Scream: New excessive in CNN bias, blames GOP for ‘divided America’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream encompasses a new excessive within the anti-GOP bias proven by CNN, this time blaming the political divide on the Tea Get together, Sarah Palin, Roger Ailes, Fox Information, former Home Speaker Newt Gingrich, and, after all, former President Donald Trump.

Over one hour final night time, Fareed Zakaria pointed an enormous finger on the GOP in his particular, The Divided States of America: What Is Tearing Us Aside? Time and again, the reply was boiled right down to Republicans. And if that wasn’t sufficient, Republicans have been generally described as racists.

Zakaria stated, “When students frolicked with Tea Get together activists, they discovered that behind the discuss of taxes and large authorities have been folks largely motivated by fears about race and immigration.”

He moved on to how Ailes “turned his channel right into a right-wing bull horn, blurring information and opinion like by no means earlier than.”

He added, “Trump had a job mannequin for his exploitation of the category divide: Sarah Palin, who did it first.”

His closing goal was Gingrich: “Earlier than there was a Donald Trump, there was a Republican pioneer who paved the best way for the Trump model of damaging politics. … His legacy has been each darkish and far-reaching — a everlasting state of battle between the events.”

Some excerpts from CNN’s The Divided States of America: What’s Tearing Us Aside? which aired Sunday night time, Jan. 31:

FAREED ZAKARIA: When students frolicked with Tea Get together activists, they discovered behind the discuss of taxes and large authorities have been folks largely motivated by fears about race and immigration.

JON MEACHAM: The individuals who have been most radicalized by the Trump years believed that variety was an thought, not a vivid actuality.

ZAKARIA: In 1950, the yr our political events have been stated to be too comparable, the nation was about 90% white. Now in 2021, as we face an existential disaster of political division, America is about 59% white.

MEACHAM: We live in probably the most vivid manifestation of the politics of worry in our historical past. That’s the place we at the moment are.

ZAKARIA: Ailes grew to become the go-to right-wing media strategist of the Nineteen Eighties, notorious for his vicious assaults.

TV AD NARRATOR: As Gov. Michael Dukakis gave weekend furloughs to first-degree murderers.

ZAKARIA: In 1996, Ailes discovered his future when billionaire Rupert Murdoch got here calling. The precise wing’s favourite hatchet man was now creating a brand new information community. The outdated, mainstream media cartel had splintered.

BRIT HUME, IN OLD FNC PROMO: As of late, folks assume TV information is about as unbiased because the commercials.

ZAKARIA: On cable, each channel wanted to search out its personal slice of the viewers. Ailes turned his channel right into a right-wing bull horn, blurring information and opinion like by no means earlier than. Large rankings and earnings quickly adopted.

ZAKARIA: Donald Trump had a job mannequin for his exploitation of the category divide: Sarah Palin, who did it first. When America’s hockey mother grew to become John McCain’s working mate in 2008 —

SARAH PALIN, FORMER REPUBLICAN ALASKA GOVERNOR: They are saying the distinction between a hockey mother and a pit bull: lipstick.

ZAKARIA: She leaned closely on id politics, on American values and tradition, to rile up her base.

PALIN: I’m not a member of the everlasting political institution.

ZAKARIA: Her model of America, speaking about the actual America, saying, ‘I’m certainly one of you,’ was the precursor of Trump’s battle on elites.

GEORGE PACKER: Sarah Palin, who I consider as John the Baptist to Trump, she was the one who got here first.

DONALD TRUMP: Governor Sarah Palin.

ZAKARIA: However earlier than there was a Donald Trump, there was a Republican pioneer who paved the best way for the Trump model of damaging politics.

NEWT GINGRICH, FORMER REPUBLICAN HOUSE SPEAKER: I’m a real revolutionary. They’re the real reactionaries. We’re going to change their world.

ZAKARIA: That is the story of Newt Gingrich, the person who wrote the playbook for the trendy conservative motion. … It was a really completely different time in politics when civility and compromise mattered. Home Republican Chief Bob Michael was broadly referred to as Mr. Good Man. Think about that.

VAN JONES: Newt Gingrich is available in with a buzz noticed.

GINGRICH: What we live via is a elementary civil wrestle, a civil battle fought in public speeches reasonably than with armies.

ZAKARIA: The Gingrich philosophy: The one manner for Republicans to win again energy was to be nasty — actually nasty.

GINGRICH: For the Democrats to mainly say not solely are we going to rape you however it’s important to pay for the resort room is a bit a lot.

ZAKARIA: To deal with Democrats not as opponents however the enemy. … His legacy has been each darkish and far-reaching — a everlasting state of battle between the events.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Fairly a pretentious feat by CNN and Zakaria in managing guilty all the nation’s ills on the tone of the rhetoric from conservative political figures, as if liberals are innocent for political divisiveness. By selecting guilty just one facet, CNN and Zakaria are exacerbating the very downside they declare to be making an attempt to diagnose.”

Score: 5 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 25: Liberal Media Scream: Nuremberg trial for Trump?

(Washington Examiner submit)

You’ll assume they might be blissful to maneuver on, however this week’s Liberal Media Scream options an ABC Information analyst calling for the second impeachment trial within the Senate of former President Donald Trump to be extra of a fact and accountability fee course of.

“To me, the impeachment — we’ve got to separate the elements of the impeachment vote. I imply, different international locations have gone via this earlier than, Germany, Japan, South Africa, and the factor earlier than you get to reconciliation and therapeutic, it’s important to have some aspect of fact and accountability on this,” stated Matthew Dowd.

What occurred in these international locations? South Africa arrange the Fact and Reconciliation Fee after the tip of apartheid, Japan had the Tokyo Battle Crimes Tribunal after World Battle II, and Germany had the Nuremberg trials.

In calling for a Trump fact tribunal, Dowd urged that with out one, the US could possibly be in for a century of political bother that he in comparison with racism.

Dowd through the roundtable on Sunday’s This Week on ABC:

“Nicely, to me, the impeachment — we’ve got to separate the elements of the impeachment vote. I imply, different international locations have gone via this earlier than, Germany, Japan, South Africa, and the factor earlier than you get to reconciliation and therapeutic, it’s important to have some aspect of fact and accountability on this.

“And even apart from these overseas nation examples, we’ve got an instance in our nation throughout Reconstruction within the aftermath of the Civil Battle after we went via — we have been imagined to undergo a technique of fact and accountability and altering the character of what went on. And when Abraham Lincoln was killed and Andrew Johnson took over, reconciling — I imply, the thought of forming a factor and demanding fact was stopped. And what did they end in, George? It resulted on this nation of Jim Crow legal guidelines, it resulted on this nation of the KKK, and it resulted on this nation of 100 years extra of a combat for justice and fact and equality in our nation.

“And so, we’ve got to get to a scenario the place, sure, let’s have a dialogue of what was the reality, what did Donald Trump do, what must be his accountability, and the ultimate stage of that’s: What must be his punishment?

“And to me, the one manner to do this is to have a dialog within the trial within the Senate the place information and data and information and data is introduced in such a manner that the American public can see precisely what went on, what was Donald Trump chargeable for, what ought to he held accountable to. After which, in the end, what ought to his punishment be?

“However we should always not do what occurred in Reconstruction. When Reconstruction was ended and we went via this big, lengthy, centurylong course of when justice lastly prevailed ultimately. We’ve to have an perception into the reality earlier than we get to reconciliation and therapeutic.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “To say something Donald Trump has finished is on par with genocidal regimes, or that he has left the nation in a situation anyplace just like a segregated, race-based two-class system just like the America within the many years after the Civil Battle, is simply ridiculous. The opposite panelists ought to have laughed at him. Dowd wants his personal accountability session to separate actuality from his overwrought historic comparisons.”

Score: 4 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 18, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: Name to silence conservatives and kick OANN and Newsmax off air

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options CNN offering a platform for a name to take opponents OANN and Newsmax off the air and to additionally rob conservative influencers of social media shops.

On the heels of Large Tech kicking the conservative chat web site Parler and firearms web site AR15.com offline, the previous head of safety for Fb and Yahoo stated taking platforms away from conservatives is the results of the election and protests on the U.S. Capitol.

Alex Stamos stated, we “have to show down the aptitude of those conservative influencers to achieve these big audiences” on Fb and YouTube.

“Then we’re going to have to determine the OANN and Newsmax downside,” urging they be faraway from cable techniques. “These firms have freedom of speech, however I’m undecided we’d like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and such to be bringing them into tens of hundreds of thousands of properties.”

Stamos, on Sunday’s Dependable Sources, the place he appeared with Krebs Stamos Group associate Christopher Krebs, the Trump administration’s former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Safety Company:

“First, it’s important to concentrate on the violent extremists, and people firms need to be courageous in that manner. And, second, we’ve got to show down the aptitude of those conservative influencers to achieve these big audiences. There are folks on YouTube, for instance, which have a bigger daytime — bigger viewers than daytime CNN, and they’re extraordinarily radical and pushing extraordinarily radical views.”

“And, so, it’s as much as the Facebooks and YouTubes, particularly, to consider whether or not or not they wish to be successfully cable networks for disinformation. After which we’re going to have to determine the OANN and Newsmax downside, you realize, these firms have freedom of speech, however I’m undecided we’d like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and such to be bringing them into tens of hundreds of thousands of properties. That is, you realize, permitting folks to hunt out info in the event that they actually wish to, however not pushing it into their faces, I feel is the place we’re going to need to go right here.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A really stable sign Large Tech’s agenda goes past what they wish to painting as benign efforts to close down these advocating violence. Stamos laid out the following step: Use present considerations to justify a wider suppression of conservative voices who’ve allowed area for views these on the Left discover appalling. The reply is extra free speech, not letting a small group of rich Silicon Valley tech leaders abuse their energy to function ‘speech police,’ deciding which views are OK or not with the elite in the mean time.”

Score: 4 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 11, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: CNN desires conservative media squelched in ‘nationwide emergency’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options CNN’s senior media reporter demanding the focusing on of conservative media shops who ignored their anti-Trump bias in reporting on the president and his administration.

On Sunday’s Dependable Sources, Oliver Darcy demanded conservative information sources be “held accountable,” clearly suggesting that they should be squelched, an growth of the so-called “cancel tradition” imposed with glee by shops equivalent to Twitter and Fb on conservatives and even President Trump.

He cited Fox Information and “TV suppliers that beam OAN and Newsmax into properties, or Rush Limbaugh. There are lots of people profiting off of lies and conspiracy theories.”

He insisted, “this informational surroundings” should be “cleaned up.”

Darcy, on the finish of Sunday’s Dependable Sources:

“The story this week was bringing our informational disaster to the forefront. It’s a nationwide emergency. You could have firms and folks which might be profiting off lies and conspiracy theories, whether or not that’s huge tech, whether or not that’s Fox Information, whether or not that’s TV suppliers that beam OAN and Newsmax into properties, or Rush Limbaugh. There are lots of people profiting off of lies and conspiracy theories, and I don’t actually see how issues get higher, how we transfer on as a rustic till this informational surroundings is cleaned up.”

After host Brian Stelter complained that “Fox Information, the Murdochs, they’re nonetheless enabling these things as a result of they’re obsessing over huge tech bias, that’s what they name it, and making an attempt to disregard the riot,” Darcy demanded:

“The place are they? They must be held accountable as effectively. We have been speaking so much about folks like Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz. Rupert Murdoch, Lachlan Murdoch, they must be held accountable for the lies that they’ve peddled to this nation, not solely up to now two months concerning the election both, however up to now, you realize, a number of years which have actually introduced this to the forefront.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Darcy revealed the true agenda the laborious left inside CNN: Selectively cite the baseless allegations of some on one facet of the political spectrum to justify shutting down all the foremost shops which permit conservative views to get an airing, silencing these with which Darcy disagrees, thus permitting the general public to solely hear left wing views. An ideal instance of ‘cancel tradition.’”

Score: 4 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 4, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: Smug Chuck Todd to senator, ‘I’ve Had Sufficient of Listening to This!’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options NBC’s Chuck Todd, who placed on his most dismissive smirk Sunday to mock Republican Sen. Ron Johnson’s protection of President Trump’s claims of election fraud.

It got here on Todd’s present, Meet the Press, and regardless of speaking over Johnson, a matter-of-fact lawmaker/businessman, the senator stood his floor and advised the host after being badgered, “You could have destroyed the credibility of the information media by your bias.”

When Johnson identified, “This fireplace was began once you fully ignored, for instance, our investigation of Hunter Biden,” Todd jumped in: “Senator. All proper, I’ve had sufficient of listening to this!”

Throughout the heated, multi-minute change, Todd turned to ridicule when Johnson mentioned investigating Trump’s allegations of voter fraud. “Why didn’t you maintain hearings concerning the 9/11 truthers? There’s loads of individuals who thought 9/11 was an inside job.” And: “How concerning the Moon touchdown? Are you going to carry hearings on that?”

From the Sunday, Jan. 3, Meet the Press:

SEN. RON JOHNSON: Chuck, this fireplace was began again in, you realize, January of 2017. Individuals like Mark Zaid in his tweet, ‘The coup has began. First of many steps. Riot and impeachment to comply with in the end.’ This was began when the mainstream media stopped, dropped any pretense of being unbiased and truly selected sides throughout this election. This fireplace was began once you fully ignored, for instance, our investigation of Hunter Biden. , no proof of wrongdoing there. And now we discover out after the election, no, there’s a truthful quantity of proof to the purpose that we’ve got an actual FBI investigation. So-

CHUCK TODD: Senator. All proper, I’ve had sufficient of listening to this!

JOHNSON: No, hear. I’ve had sufficient of this, too. It’s the bias of the media.

TODD: No, senator. It’s, you could have spent, you could have spent the final two years —

JOHNSON: It’s the bias within the media that has created a scenario the place Republicans and conservatives don’t belief the mainstream media. And that’s what, that’s what has destroyed the credibility of the media and our establishments and actually —

TODD: Proper, no, the destruction of the establishments —

JOHNSON: — shaken confidence on this election consequence. So I didn’t begin this … I didn’t, I didn’t gentle this fireplace. This fireplace was lit over 4 years in the past. And we’ve destroyed the credibility, you could have destroyed the credibility of the information media by your bias. And naturally folks like James Comey, Andrew McCabe, John Brennan destroyed the credibility of the FBI and our justice system as effectively. We’ve an infinite downside on this nation. It’s unsustainable. And the one manner you resolve it’s with info, and transparency, and hearings, and investigations. It’s not quackery, it’s not conspiracy principle. It’s what’s going to be required.

TODD: Let me ask you this. Then why didn’t you maintain hearings concerning the 9/11 truthers? There’s loads of individuals who thought 9/11 was an inside job. So that you’re mainly saying is that if there’s sufficient individuals who consider a conspiracy principle, if there’s sufficient individuals who maintain, how concerning the Moon touchdown? Are you going to carry hearings on that?

JOHNSON: There are every kind of issues that I’d like to carry hearings on. It’s a must to sort of choose and select primarily based on priorities. Proper now, we’ve got this election. We’ve received tens of hundreds of thousands of Individuals that assume this election was stolen. We have to get the underside of it. Once more, what’s defined, we have to clarify it, get that off the desk. We additionally need to acknowledge there have been some actual issues right here. There’s some points that must be explored and investigated.

TODD: You’ve received to ask your self once you inform folks 1,000,000 instances that one thing was stolen or one thing was fraud after which they consider it, I feel you could look within the mirror and ask your self why so many individuals believed it.

JOHNSON: Nicely, Chuck, you could take a look at your mirror since you carried the Democrats’ water on the entire Russian collusion with the Trump marketing campaign hoax —

TODD: Sen. Johnson, I’ve received to go. I recognize you approaching. I’ve allow you to, I’ve allow you to say loads of —

JOHNSON: That’s what you probably did within the media. You carried that water for years. You destroyed the credibility of the press, not me.

TODD: Sen. Johnson, aside from, aside from crediting you for approaching, I recognize that as a result of solely two of your colleagues had the heart to say sure this weekend about this conspiracy principle that you simply’re engaged on.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Todd couldn’t have been extra smug and sanctimonious towards a visitor as he used his platform to discredit and mock a U.S. senator with whom he disagrees. Fairly an egregious abuse of Todd’s journalistic function, particularly because it’s very laborious to think about him ever exhibiting such disdain towards a liberal visitor, and yet another instance of why Trump supporters don’t belief the ‘mainstream media.’”

Score: 5 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

 

> Liberal Media Scream posts for 2020.

> For all of 2019.

> For all of 2018.

> For July through December 2017.

> For January through June 2017.

> For July through December 2016.

> For January through June 2016.

> For July to December 2015.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here